***** AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLIENTS *****
After care is CRUCIAL to the healing process. Not following the after care may hinder results so please follow these!!
- Put on the balm I give you 4 times daily with a clean Q-tip for 2 weeks. (Do not lather it on though, use SMALL amount)
- Wash morning and night for 7 days with gentle cleanser! Wash within 4 hours of getting brows done. (Make sure to wash OUTSIDE shower. Look in the mirror while washing so you can make sure to be EXTRA gentle. Only wipe gently in the direction of hair growth, no circles or hard rubbing. Wash will warm or cool water, and pat dry with clean paper towel.)
- Keep dry (besides washing) until completely healed. Aka: no scabbing or flaking left! Usually 10 days.
Clients still need to keep dry in the shower.. steamy hot showers will cause the pores to open and scabs soften, so to be cautious, no extra steamy hot showers! Avoid the water ESPECIALLY shampoo & conditioner running down.. that will cause color discoloration!
- Avoid swimming pools, hot tubs, lakes etc for 14 days.
- Avoid direct sunlight and tanning beds for at least 14 days. If outside, wear big hat and sunglasses to shield your brows.
- Ice may be applied the first day following the procedure for 10-15 minutes per hour for a bit, if desired.
- DO NOT pick, rub, or scratch procedure area.
- Try to sleep on your back for 7 days. (We can’t always control how we sleep, however sleeping on your side or on face can result in forcing one or both brows to exfoliate sooner than needed).
- AVOID makeup, brow tints and other facial treatments on the procedure area until healed (14 days).
- YOU MUST AVOID THESE PRODUCTS ON THE PROCEDURE AREA: Anti-Aging products, Accutane or Acne products that actively stimulate lighten, or brighten the skin. These products will lighten and change the pigment color almost immediately, typically turning the procedure area ashy.
- *YOUR 1st TOUCH-UP should be scheduled about 6 weeks – 3 months after procedure which is when you will be healed. Permanent makeup & cosmetic procedures are typically at least a two-step process.
EYE LINER AFTERCARE:
- Be sure to wear sunglasses home. Eyes may be light sensitive.
- Do not use a lash growth serum for two weeks before or after your procedure
- Eyeliner will go through a light flaking stage. Do not be alarmed. This is part of the normal tattooing process.
- Swelling & Puffiness may appear (you may look like you have been crying for that day).
- Eyes may feel slightly irritated for a day or so after the procedure.
- Try to not get eye area wet for the first 7 days. (Try taking baths or facing away from water in shower.)
- NO WORKING OUT for at least 48 hours after the procedure.
- NO makeup on eye area for 7 days.
- NO swimming, chlorine, pools, lakes, for 7 days.
- YOU MUST AVOID THESE PRODUCTS ON THE AREA: Anti-Aging products, Accutane or Acne products that actively stimulate lighten, or brighten the skin. These products will lighten and change the pigment color in your skin almost immediately, typically turning the procedure area ashy or grey.
- While they are flaking do not pick, peel or force them to exfoliate, let them exfoliate on their own.
- Apply a THIN layer of Aquaphor or Vaseline with a clean Q-tip each time.
- If swelling or puffiness appears, you may use ice packs. Be sure you reapply ointment after with clean Q-Tip.
- You may also take anti-histamines if you are able to. (Such as Benadryl, Claritin, etc).
- DO NOT RUB EYES – You may use Eye drops in eyes if needed. Rubbing/scratching may result in infection &/or removal of pigment.
- *YOUR 1st TOUCH-UP should be scheduled around 6 weeks – 3 months after procedure which is when you will be healed. Permanent makeup & cosmetic procedures are typically at least a two-step process.
LIP COLOR/LIP LINER AFTERCARE:
- It is 100% normal for your lips to feel chapped or dry immediately after procedure. Keep using the Vaseline on them to keep them moisturized (You may also use Aquaphor if desired).
- The color will be very bold immediately following the procedure & will change throughout the healing process, the color will come back AFTER 4 WEEKS, so please do not be alarmed!
- It is normal to experience swelling or puffiness. After you get home and the numbness subsides you may gently use ice packs and take antihistamines to help.
- Apply Aquaphor or Vaseline to lips all throughout the day whenever they feel dry.
- DO NOT force, pick or peel lips as the lips will start to peel. (this is a completely normal part of the process.)
- AVOID applying any products that contain Aloe or Vitamin E while healing, as they contain natural enzymes that will lighten the area and change the color.
- If swollen or puffiness appears: you may use: ice packs and antihistamines. (Such as Benadryl, if able to.)
- If prone to cold sores, fever blisters or herpes – YOU MUST obtain a prescription for Valtrex or Zovirax from your doctor to take before and after.
- *Absolutely NO Retina or any other products that will exfoliate your skin on any treated area. IF DONE, IT WILL FADE THE COLOR.*
Attention: RESULTS ARE NOT DETERMINED UNTIL AFTER A TOUCH-UP (2nd appointment) IS COMPLETED!! Touch-Ups may vary in price. You may need more than 2 appointments if you require correction work! Please schedule your touch up appointment ahead of time. Thank you for reading this! 🙂